Anyone over 15 years old who wants to learn to fly a paraglider.
The 5-day introductory courses start every Monday, between April and October.
In the sky of Chamonix and its surroundings, depending on the weather conditions.
749 € for the 5-day course, including equipment rental. Deposit of 100 € at the reservation.
Latest generation equipment at your disposal, with the possibility of purchasing it at the end of the course.
During your paragliding initiation course you will learn the basics of paragliding and you will be able to fly alone in just a few days! Accessible from 14 years old, the initiation course lasts 5 days and includes ground training, theoretical courses, briefings, a flight in a pedagogical tandem plane as well as solo flights, where you will be guided by radio by our instructors.
The course program includes ground training for take-off and piloting the wing, theoretical lessons on flying, flight plans and approaches, as well as tandem flights and solo flights guided by radio by our instructors. You will also be introduced to the basics of weather, flight priorities and the use of a reserve parachute. All this in groups of 4 to 8 students for an enriching and friendly experience.
We provide all the necessary equipment for the course, including paraglider, harness, reserve parachute, radio and helmet. All you need to bring are high shoes, sunglasses, warm clothes and thin gloves.
If you want to invest in flying your own equipment, our instructors will be happy to help you choose the best products for your profile. We resell the biggest brands of paragliders and guarantee unbeatable prices.
Organization of the initiation course :
Paragliding courses are generally held from Monday to Friday and include 3 full days (8am-6pm) plus two mornings (8am-1pm). Schedules may vary depending on the evolution of the group and the weather. Plan to be available all day, every day of the internship week.
The courses take place in groups of 4 to 8 students, and will be led by 1 or 2 instructors.
Program of the 5 days initiation course :
- Introduction to paragliding and the school
- Introduction to the material
- Ground training for take off and piloting the wing
- Theory of Flight
- Flight plans and approaches
- Educational tandem flights
- The basics of weather
- Priorities in flight
- Use of a rescue parachute
- First big flights
Don’t hesitate any longer and embark on this extraordinary adventure with Air Sports Chamonix!
Included in the price:
- the performance of the instructors
- equipment rental (paraglider, harness, reserve parachute, helmet and radio)
- Transportation between our school and the different flight sites by minibus.
Not included in the price :
- Mandatory liability insurance: about 60 euros / year
- Medical visit
- Ski lift tickets (if needed, depending on the flight sites)
- High boots, sunglasses, warm clothes and thin gloves.
- Medical check-up to confirm that there are no contraindications to the practice of paragliding
- Means of payment (CB, especece cheque vacance), to pay the balance on the first day of the course
- Punctuality and good humor!
The course can only take place if there are at least 4 participants. If this number is not reached, we offer three solutions: opt for an individual training course, postpone the course to another date or make a refund. In case of cancellation of a day or half day of the course by the school due to unfavorable weather conditions, a corresponding postponement or refund will be made.